Location: London, UK (Option to work remotely)
Salary: £75,000 - £100,000 (Experience based)
Purepoint specialise in building bespoke software for global businesses. We are remote-first by design and have a team of highly-skilled and multi-disciplined engineers. We are proponents of Agile methodologies and our primary focus is to deliver exceptional value to our clients.
We're seeking an experienced Software Development Manager to join our London office. This role is a full time and permanent role with the option to work remotely (UK based). Our remote-first team are spread across 14 different countries.
Skills & Qualifications
- Must be eligible to live and work in the UK (We don’t sponsor Visas)
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- 3+ years management experience
- You're a polygot programmer
- Proponent of Agile methodlogies
- Experience working in a team environment
- Experience working with complex server-side design
- Native level written and spoken English
- Experience in a B2B software environment
- Competent using Git
- Experience working with project management tools such as Jira and Trello
This role is perfect for someone that wants to split their time evenly between programming and managing. On a typical day your responsibilities will be:
- Contribute directly to building software solutions (A large part of this role is actual programming time)
- Manage the development teams – ensure team members are happy and have everything they need to excel
- Interact directly with clients – both on-site and from our office
- Report directly to the co-founders
- Actively seek out ways to improve the development process at Purepoint and implement those improvements
- Provide input and direction when we propose solutions for a client
- Balance considerations of client goals, timeline, and budget to deliver the right solution
- Help train the development team
- Provide support maintaining some of our core software solutions
What we look for
An ideal candidate is autonomous, proactive, and has experience working in a variety of different languages. We admire developers who take initiative, make their own decisions and implement them clearly.
Delivering exceptional value to our clients is imperative. The ideal candidate is the perfect brand ambassador; a brilliant technical mind with the accompanying interpersonal skills necessary to function in a team environment.
What we offer you
- Investment in your career – We will support you in your personal development
- Minimal bureaucracy – We relentlessly review and fix broken processes. We avoid pointless meetings.
- Regular feedback and support – We'll look to you for direct input about how the company evolves.
- Trust – We prioritise high quality output and give you the freedom to decide how to do that.
- Stability – We are a profitable company, not a cash-burning start-up. We make decisions in the best long-term interests of the company.
- A focus on fundamentals – If you have a strong case for why we should change something, we will listen.
We will give you all of the tools necessary to excel at your role. We use Jira, Trello, Slack, Github and Zoom (video conferencing) in our day-to-day business.
Our managerial structure is very flat. We put customer experience and satisfaction first and really believe in delivering a service that is cutting edge.
- Work remotely
- Great salary
- Flexible holiday package
- Rewarding work on bleeding-edge technology
- Career development - investment in your skills
- Exceptional support network from your team members
- Funding towards open source projects